1. Mediumcenter B.V.: operator of the website Mediumcenter.nl, established in Heerhugowaard, registered in the Trade Register under Chamber of Commerce number 74490540.
2. User: every visitor and user of the website Mediumcenter.nl
3. Personal data: any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person, which may include, (user) names, address details, e-mail and IP addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates and payment details.
4. Processing of personal data: every act or whole of actions relating to personal data, including in any case collecting, recording, organizing, storing, updating, modifying, retrieving, consulting, using, providing by means of forwarding, distribution or any other form of making available, bringing together, relating to each other, as well as the protection, erasure or destruction of data.
Mediumcenter respects the privacy of the user and considers the careful handling of personal data of great importance. Mediumcenter guarantees that the personal data of the user that are obtained through the website or otherwise by Mediumcenter are treated confidentially in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Personal data are only processed by Mediumcenter in one or more of the following cases. If:
- the data processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement to which the user is a party or for the taking of pre-contractual measures in response to a request from the user and which are necessary for the conclusion of an agreement;
- the user has given unambiguous or express permission for the processing;
- the processing of data is necessary for the representation of the legitimate interest of Mediumcenter or a third party to whom the personal data are provided, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the person, in particular the right to privacy, prevail .
- the data processing is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which Mediumcenter is subject, or;
- the data processing is necessary in order to protect a vital interest of the user.
Primarily, personal data will be processed by Mediumcenter insofar as this is necessary in connection with the registration of the user to become an affiliate of Mediumcenter and the execution of affiliate agreements between the user and Mediumcenter, including, among other things, the handling and control of the registration of the user on the website, the assignment to the user of an account on the website and the payment of payments to the user if on the basis of an affiliate agreement income is generated by him. In the context of affiliate agreements, IP addresses and other data are also used to operate Mediumcenter’ affiliate network.
Mediumcenter may use the e-mail address of the user to keep the user informed about offers, new services from Mediumcenter or new developments regarding the services of Mediumcenter. If the user no longer wishes to receive such messages, he can unsubscribe for the receipt in the manner prescribed in these messages.
Mediumcenter may share personal data with third parties, such as regulators or the Tax and Customs Administration if Mediumcenter is legally obliged to do so, or if it sees any other reason for doing so and this is permitted within the framework of the laws and regulations.
Personal data are only processed by Mediumcenter insofar as they are adequate, relevant and not excessive in view of the purposes for which they are collected and subsequently processed. Mediumcenter takes the necessary measures to ensure that personal data are correct and accurate in view of the purposes for which they are collected and subsequently processed. Personal data are not processed by Mediumcenter.
In assessing whether a processing is incompatible as referred to in the previous paragraph, Mediumcenter will in any case take into account:
- the relationship between the purpose of the intended processing and the purpose for which the personal data were obtaine
- the nature of the personal data concerned;
- the consequences of the intended processing for the user;
- the way in which the personal data were obtained, and;
- the extent to which the user is provided with appropriate safeguards.
STORING PERSONAL DATA
Personal data are no longer retained by Mediumcenter in a form that makes it possible to identify the user, than is necessary for the realization of the purposes for which they are collected and subsequently processed.
Mediumcenter implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. These measures ensure, taking into account the state of the art and the costs of implementation, an appropriate level of security in view of the risks involved in the processing and the nature of data to be protected. The measures are also aimed at preventing unnecessary collection and further processing of personal data.
Mediumcenter collects data for research in order to gain a better insight into the use of the website. In that context, Mediumcenter uses Google Analytics to help analyze how visitors use the website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files that are stored on the user’s computer to collect log data and visitor behavior in anonymous form. This information is then used to evaluate the user’s website usage and to prepare statistical reports. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or if these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Mediumcenter will never use the information from Google to collect personally identifiable information from users. Neither Mediumcenter nor Google will associate an IP address with your identity as a computer user.
INSIGHT IN PERSONAL DATA
Users can contact Mediumcenter to view their personal data, unless Mediumcenter is not obliged to provide this inspection on the grounds of the Personal Data Protection Act. Mediumcenter can charge a fee for this.
If his personal data are factually inaccurate or incomplete or irrelevant for the purposes for which these personal data are processed, then the user can request Mediumcenter to change or delete this data. Such requests will be handled in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.